1. Should the table name suggest whether the table is a fact or a dimension?
2. Should Entity name prefixed in each table attribute?
3. Should the attribute name follow some convention?
4. Should the fact table reveal something about the grain?
5. Should a fact measure provide some clue of the units the measure is recorded in?
I will update the post, as I get closer to my answer, but already I have seen some links/ blogs from Kimball group and another set of standards from Oracle BI Applications. Here are the links to these resources as I will revisit this post.
1. Oracle naming conventions
2. Kimball Group Blog on naming convention
I will explore this further and keep updating my preferences as we go along...